iOS subscriptions versus direct subscriptions
There are two ways to subscribe to BitGym. You can pay through Apple App Store subscription (iTunes or iOS subscription) or directly to BitGym through our payment portal. This page will help you view, cancel, modify or restore that subscription.
Note: If you're paying directly to BitGym, you can manage this by visiting https://www.bitgym.com/profile
To view or cancel your iOS subscription
You can click here on your iOS device to view/manage your iOS-based subscriptions, including BitGym's if it's associated with your currently logged in iTunes Account.
If you have any trouble with an iOS subscription, see detailed instructions from Apple at https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202039 or contact Apple support.
If you are having trouble with your iOS subscription being respected in your app, or if you use BitGym on any additional devices but pay via iTunes, we highly recommend moving to a BitGym direct subscription [See section below].
Restoring an existing iOS subscription
If you just reinstalled BitGym or installed it on a new device, you may need to use the “restore purchase” feature. When you open BitGym and it asks you to upgrade or continue free, this button should be available on the screen.
You can use the "restore" button to the BitGym app to check if the current iTunes user logged into the iPhone or iPad has an active iTunes subscription to BitGym. Tapping the button will ask for your iTunes password before performing this check.
Moving to the BitGym Direct subscription
There are many advantages to using a direct subscription over an iTunes subscription -
- you can purchase our discounted annual plan
- your subscription can be used on multiple devices
- you can pay via a wider array of payment methods
- you will be eligible for promotional BitGym credits that can be used towards your membership
- we can better support your billing-related issues, including refunds and returns in the event of any issues, transferring payments to a different account, changing your renewal date, changing payment method, etc.
- we offer a 30 day no-questions asked refund policy on the annual plan.
To move your subscription over, you should:
- Cancel your iOS subscription (see instructions above). This is very important as we cannot modify your iTunes payments from our end!
- Visit https://www.bitgym.com/profile and log in with your email registered with BitGym (same as the one you use to log into the app)
- Choose which subscription you would like (annual or monthly), enter your payment information and confirm. You're good to go!
Please note you will not be charged until your existing iOS subscription or other paid time has lapsed fully lapsed. So your first BitGym direct payment may not be billed immediately if your membership was already premium at the time of signing up for direct.