You can use a Bluetooth heart rate monitor with BitGym which will give you the following benefits:
- Your heart rate will be displayed on the screen during a workout
- Your caloric burn will be accurately calculated in your workout summary
- Your heart rate will be charted along with your pace on the workout summary.
Note that your heart rate monitor must support the Bluetooth Smart (also known as Bluetooth Low Energy or BTLE) protocols. The BitGym mobile application does not support ANT+ heart rate monitors.
Pairing your Bluetooth HRM with BitGym
- Launch BitGym, select a tour, tap Start. This will bring you to the workout configuration screen, showing the settings you last used with BitGym.
- Look for HR MONITOR in the bottom panel. Tap this to open the heart rate monitor configuration.
- Tap Start Scan. BitGym will begin scanning for nearby heart rate monitors.
- Grant any necessary permissions (on Android, Coarse location and all bluetooth permissions are necessary to find BT devices).
- Most heart rate monitors will only be discoverable while they are turned on and attached to your body.
- In a few seconds, you should see the monitor appear as a connectable option. It may show up as a model number. Tap it to initialize a connection.
Troubleshooting HRM connections
- If you do not see your device come up from a scan, it might be already paired with another application in the background. Bluetooth Smart devices can only pair with one app at a time, and you may need to launch the other up and explicitly unpair first.
- You should NOT pair the HRM with iOS or Android in the system settings, this will prohibit it from connecting inside BitGym.
- Ensure the HRM is being worn and in contact with your skin as instructed by the HRM device manual. Many of them turn off to save power if they don't detect a contact pulse.