NOTE: BitGym Android currently does not support Bluetooth HRM connections, but will by October 2021 with the 3.4.2 update
You can use a Bluetooth heart rate monitor with BitGym which will give you the following benefits: your heart rate will be displayed on the screen, your caloric burn will be accurately calculated, and your heart rate will be charted along with your pace on the workout summary.
Note that your heart rate monitor must support the Bluetooth Smart (also known as Bluetooth Low Energy) protocols. The BitGym application does not support ANT+ heart rate monitors.
Pairing your Bluetooth Device with BitGym
- Launch BitGym
- Select a tour, tap Next
- In the machine select panel, at the bottom, it should say "Pair HRM" - tap this button.
- Scanning for nearby heart rate monitors will start.
- Most heart rate monitors will only be discoverable while they are turned on and attached to your body.
- In just a few seconds, you should see the monitor appear as a connectable option. Simply tap it to initialize a connection
- If you do not see it come up, it might be that it is already paired with another application in the background. Bluetooth Smart devices can only pair with one app at a time, and you may need to the launch the other up and explicitly unpair first.
Still not working?
- Is another application connected to the HRM? Perhaps the Wahoo app, or Strava, etc. Only one app can be paired at a time, so disconnect or try force closing the other app.
- You should NOT pair the HRM with iOS directly. If you did this in the settings app for iOS it will not pair with other apps as a Smart Bluetooth device anymore.
- Ensure the HRM is being worn. Many of them turn off to save power if they don't detect a heart beat.