⚠️ NOTE: BitGym Android currently does not support Bluetooth HRM connections. BitGym Android HRM support is planned in a future update
You can use a Bluetooth heart rate monitor with BitGym which will give you the following benefits: - your heart rate will be displayed on the screen during a workout - Your caloric burn will be accurately calculated in your workout summary - Your heart rate will be charted along with your pace on the workout summary.
Note that your heart rate monitor must support the Bluetooth Smart (also known as Bluetooth Low Energy or BTLE) protocols. The BitGym mobile application does not support ANT+ heart rate monitors.
Pairing your Bluetooth HRM with BitGym
- Launch BitGym, select a tour, tap Next
- In the machine select panel, there should be a button labelled Pair HRM - tap this button.
- BitGym will begin scanning for nearby heart rate monitors. Most heart rate monitors will only be discoverable while they are turned on and attached to your body.
- In a few seconds, you should see the monitor appear as a connectable option. Simply tap it to initialize a connection.
Troubleshooting HRM connections
- Note that BitGym HRM connections are not supported on any Android or Kindle devices at this time.
- If you do not see your device come up from a scan, it might be already paired with another application in the background. Bluetooth Smart devices can only pair with one app at a time, and you may need to launch the other up and explicitly unpair first.
- Note that this could be the Wahoo app, or Strava, etc.
- You could also try force-closing the other app to free the BT connection.
- You should NOT pair the HRM with iOS directly. If you did this in the settings app for iOS it will not pair with other apps as a Smart Bluetooth device anymore.
- Ensure the HRM is being worn and in contact with your skin as instructed by the HRM device manual. Many of them turn off to save power if they don't detect a contact pulse.