You can reset your BitGym account password from two places
- The login screen inside the BitGym app on your mobile device
- The BitGym website's profile page when attempting to log in to your account
If you are unable to log in with the email and password you believe your account was created with, your issue may be one or more of the following. Please try the suggestions below before resetting your password.
Incorrect Email address
- Check your email inbox for a welcome email, invoice or other message by searching for "bitgym". Verify that it was sent to the same email address you are trying to log in from
- It's possible you registered accounts with multiple email addresses. If you are a premium member, verifying the email on an invoice is the best way to find your main account1
You may have a mistake in your password. Check for any unintended leading or trailing spaces, your Caps Lock key being active on a computer, and the length of the password after entering it.
In rare cases, the internet network you are connected to can prevent you from sending encrypted information to the BitGym servers for authenticating your account. This is usually a corporate network, gym WiFi, or other shared internet provision or a government instated firewall. In this scenario, try to log in using the website if the app doesn't work. The only workaround if this is confirmed to be the issue, is to connect via a different internet network. If you believe this may be your issue, please file a ticket with us and we will try to investigate from our end as well.
Resetting Your Password
Once you have initiated a password reset, if an account exists on our system under your submitted email, you should receive an email with a reset link within 3-5 minutes.
If you have not received this email:
- Search your email inbox for "email@example.com" or "bitgym.com", including your spam folder
- Add "firstname.lastname@example.org" to your email contacts, and reinitiate the reset process
- Confirm you are checking the inbox for the same email you submitted on the reset form
If you have received this email, but the link therein is not working
- Confirm that the email timestamp is less than 15 minutes old. The link expires if it is not used soon after being requested, and will have to be re-requested
- Copy the entire link from the email, and paste it into a new browser window's location bar making sure to remove any linebreaks or spaces,
If you are still having trouble resetting your password, file a ticket with us and we will try locate your account and assist you in obtaining access.